If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Crunch! Tang! Nutrition! This refreshing meal in a bowl takes 10 minutes to assemble (if you go slowly) —T Sweeney
- 15 ounces can of Cannellini beans, drained (reserve liquid)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 4.3 ounces tin of sardines (preferably packed in water)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons preserved lemons, rinds only
- Place the chopped kale In a large salad bowl; top the kale with the Cannellini beans. Sprinkle the black pepper over the beans, followed by the bread crumbs.
- Open the sardines and drain the packing liquid. Crumble the sardine filets in small pieces (smaller than bite size) over the breaded beans.
- Chop the preserved lemons in a small dice and distribute over the beans and sardines. If you don't have preserved lemons, take 3 Tbsp of the liquid from the beans, and add the zest of one lemon. Then cut lemon in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into the liquid, being careful to catch any lemon seeds. Dress the salad with the liquid mixture.