If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a scrumptious recipe for homemade Healthy Slow Cooker Chili! It’s quick, easy and simple to prepare in a crockpot. —Nora Rušev
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 pound lean beef, cubed
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can chili beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 can kidney beans, purèed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- All your favorite chili toppings
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the oil and brown both meats. Add the onions and garlic and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes or until the onions turn translucent.
- Transfer to a 3.5 quart slow cooker and add all the other ingredients except for the puréed beans and corn kernels. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- 10 minutes before the cooking time is over, add the puréed beans and the corn kernels. Stir well, taste for additional seasoning and finish cooking.
- Serve warm with all your favorite chili toppings!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans