If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Maybe sound complicated and take a long time. You are right it takes a long time but is not complicated.
If you don't have Pickled turnips Sauerkraut can be used, and you have another Croatian traditional meal.
Served with boiled potatoes in the skin and peeled or polenta. —anka
Some smoked meat ( Ham hock, smoked ribs and smoked sausage )
jar ( 1 L / 35 fl oz ) Pickled turnips
cups cooked beans ( or 1can 19 oz )
tablespoons tomato paste
salt to taste
- Ham hock and smoked ribs cook separately in a big pot for 2 hours.
- In second pot cook pickled turnips with juice that they come in, plus 8 cups of water for 30-35 minutes.
- In frying pan heat oil, add flour and cook 2-3 minutes, stir constantly, when flour start to change colour add tomato paste and paprika mix in and put into the pot with turnips.
- Add cooked beans.
- Add salt (be cheerful with salt because pickled turnips are salty) and black pepper. Cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- At this point add sausage and cooked ham hock and smoked ribs. Bring to a boiling and simmer for 15 minutes.Turn stove off. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- It is best to make the day before because always taste better the next day.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans