If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adding more beans to your diet ensures that you'll get better protein and more fiber. Due to their versatility, canned beans are a must-have for every healthy pantry. Here they are seasoned and served with a summer favorite...fresh artichokes. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/grilled-baby-artichokes-great-northern-beans —Healthline
- 6 baby artichokes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 15 ounce cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Peel stems from artichokes. Remove bottom and tough outer leaves leaving tender heart. Trim about 1 inch from the top of artichokes and place in a Dutch oven filled 3/4 with water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until choke is tender; drain and set aside to cool. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise. Place artichoke halves, cut sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown; set aside, keeping warm.
- Sauté onions in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until tender but not brown, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add broth and next 3 ingredients; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine wine and garlic slices in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until liquid almost evaporates. Add 1/2 cup broth and simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- To serve, divide bean mixture between 6 bowls and top with 2 artichoke halves. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. broth mixture over artichokes; sprinkle each serving with chives and thyme.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans