If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of the best shrimp dips you'll ever taste, and the great thing is, you can use it the day after the party (if there's any left!) on sandwiches as a spread. Make this the night before, if you can, so that the flavors meld smoothly. Very delicious with vegie crackers, Ritz or toasted pita bread, and the sherry adds JUST the right flair for parties! —BeijingRose
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound medium shrimp, lightly boiled & peeled
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 3 TBSP dill
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or romano cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- salt to taste
- Start about 3 cups of lightly salted water to boil, toss in your shrimp and boil for NO MORE than 3 minutes! Any longer and they will be tough! Drain and set aside to cool.
- Mash the cream cheese with the Ranch dressing and sherry. Retain a slice of the green bell pepper and 3-4 shrimp for a garnish. Add the purple onion and the rest of the green bell pepper (both chopped fine), grated Parmesan cheese, salt and white pepper to the cream cheese mixture and mix gently. Last of all add the shrimp--fold them in and mix gently. Add the garnish, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours until set and firm. Serve with crispy crackers or toasted pita. VERY good on a bagel or sandwich the next day too!