head radicchio, halved and cut into 1 inch wide strips
ounces baby arugula
sweet onion, sliced
apples, cored and sliced
ounces (half pack ) bacon , chopped
cup coconut vinegar
cup grapeseed oil
freshly ground black pepper
In This Recipe
- Melt the butter.
- Add apple when butter is just beginning to brown about 2 minutes.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side. Put on the side. You will have to cook in batches.
- Cut radicchio into 1 inch wide strips.
- Wash and drain arugula.
- Slice onion.
- In a skillet add the cut bacon and 1/2 cup water, cook over medium heat until crisp about 10 minutes.
- (You can use bacon fat, or drain the fat and add 3/4 cup olive oil.)
- Add coconut vinegar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Take off the stove and add oil (I used grapeseed oil).
- Put everything in a blender.
- Make 1 3/4 cup
- Reheat how much you need and pour over the salad just before serving or serve on the side.
- You can do apple and dressing ahead and just reheat before searing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff