If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting brings more flavor in vegetables. —anka
Makes 3 cups
- 1 spaghetti squash
- oilive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cut squash lengthwise and seeded, poke skin with fork or tip of the knife.
- Brush cut side with olive oil.
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool to handle easily.
- Use fork to gently scrape the flesh
- 7 Roma tomatoes
- 1 red onion crosswise cut
- 2 jalapeno
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- Oil jalapeno (cut on half and seeded) , cut onion, garlic, and tomatoes and place separately on a baking sheet, tomatoes will take longer, you will have to take jalapeno, garlic and onion out first.
- Bake for 30 minutes 350 F. Leave tomatoes 1o minutes longer.
- Place tomatoes in bowl.
- Peel tomatoes skin and discard.
- Peel the skins from the jalapeno and discard.
- Place 1/3 of tomatoes and garlic in the food processor and pure.
- Add coarsely chopped onion and jalapenos, pulse a few more times.
- Add rest of tomatoes, 1/3 cup olive oil salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few more times.
- Before serving mix in cilantro or parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper