Author Notes: Roasting brings more flavour to vegetables. —anka
Makes: 3 cups
red onion crosswise cut
cup olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
fresh cilantro or parsley
In This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut squash lengthwise and seeded, poke skin with fork or tip of the knife.
- Brush cut side with olive oil.
- Place spaghetti squash with cut sides down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Cool to handle easily.
- Use a fork to gently scrape the flesh
- Oil jalapeno (cut in half and seeded), cut onion, garlic, and tomatoes and place separately on a baking sheet, tomatoes will take longer, you will have to take jalapeno, garlic and onion out first.
- Bake for 30 minutes 350 F. Leaves tomatoes 1o minutes longer.
- Place tomatoes in a bowl.
- Peel tomatoes skin and discard.
- Peel the skins from the jalapeno and discard.
- Place 1/3 of tomatoes and garlic in the food processor and pure.
- Add coarsely chopped onion and jalapenos, pulse a few more times.
- Add rest of tomatoes, 1/3 cup olive oil salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few more times.
- Before serving mix in cilantro or parsley.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper