If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you're looking for an incredibly fast yet delicious soup, look no further. Instead of chopping and cooking all the ingredients for traditional black bean soup, use a jar of salsa instead, preferably fire-roasted. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/unbelievably-quick-black-bean-soup —Healthline
- 2 cups low-sodium salsa
- 2 15-ounce cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can white hominy
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced jalapeños
- baked tortilla chips
- Place salsa in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, or until most of the excess liquid has been reduced.
- Add hominy, stock, and lime juice. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through. If you prefer a thicker soup, you can remove and puree 1 cup of bean mixture and stir it back into soup.
- Serve with garnishes: cheddar cheese, jalapeños, and tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans