If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Garbanzo or Chikpeas curry is a very traditional popular North Indian Curry. One variation to it is making the curry with Spinach. It is quite common in any Indian household as well as Indian restaurants. The best thing about this dish is that you get a combo of veggies as well as protein in one dish. This dish serves as a main entrée and can be served with bread or white rice on the side. Inspired by (Spice up the curry..by Kanan) —JazzyB
cup Dry garbanzo/Chickpeas- soaked overnite in water
handfuls Baby Spinach leaves- washed
White Onions- cut into small pieces
piece ginger- skinned and gut into small pieces
tablespoon Olive Oil
teaspoon Cumin seeds
teaspoon Turmeric powder
teaspoon Red pepper powder
teaspoons Coriander powder
piece Cinnamon stick
pieces Bay leaves
piece Big Cardamom
- Pressure cook the Chick peas that had been soaked overnite in 1.5 cups of water for 3-4 whistles. Let it steam out on its own
- Take a bake dish and put the washed baby spinach and bake them in on oven @ 350 F for 30-40 min
- Take 2 Tbsp of oil. After heating add add cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaves and sauté for 1 min.
- Now add the finely chopped onions and sauté till they become dark brown.
- Now add grated ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the baked spinach leaves and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Now add the dry spices like turmeric powder, Coriander powder, red pepper powder and salt.
- Saute for 2 minutes in low heat
- Now add the boiled chickpeas to the mix.
- Cover the pan and let it cook in low flame for 15-20 minutes to coat in the flavor.
- Serve hot as a main Entrée along with Bread or rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans