If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Try this fun soup with an Italian twist. It's great as a side dish or main meal no matter where you are. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/italian-style-white-bean-and-kale-soup —Healthline
- 1 pound dried white beans
- 8 cups water
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup uncooked mini shaped pasta*
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Rinse, sort, and drain beans. Place beans in a large Dutch oven and water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 1 hour. Drain, reserving beans.
- Cook pancetta in large Dutch oven over medium heat 3 minutes, or just until crisp. Stir in onion, carrots, and celery. Cook over medium heat 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender; add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in broth, rosemary, kale, and beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 11/2 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in pasta and next 3 ingredients. Cook 6 minutes, or just until pasta is tender.
- Drizzle each serving with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- *For testing purposes only, we used DaVinci Alphabet pasta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans