If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you prefer a thicker chili, you can add an additional can of navy beans that you've pureed in a blender with a little chicken stock. Simply stir it in with the can of whole beans. —Healthline
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder, preferably smoked
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 18.75 ounce can tomatillos, drained and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 15 ounce can navy beans
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot sprayed with cooking spray, cook onion over medium-high heat until translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, and cumin and cook 30 seconds. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken and roughly chop meat into bitesized pieces. Add meat to soup, along with corn and beans and bring to a simmer. Adjust seasoning with soy sauce and pepper, to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beans