If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The rich sauce of this hearty pasta meal is complemented perfectly by the aroma of fresh basil and the boldness of freshly grated parmesan cheese. —Mealime
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 diced tomatoes can
- 1/2 packet fresh basil
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 ounce parmesan cheese
- 6 ounces whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add 1 tbsp salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
- Wash and dry carrot, celery, and basil. Small dice carrot and celery. Pick basil leaves off the stems and thinly slice into ribbons. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Peel and mince onion and garlic.
- Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and crushed red pepper. Stirring frequently, cook until softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add beef. Breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, ½ of the basil (save the rest for garnishing), italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Grate or shave ⅛ cup of parmesan.
- Drain pasta, return to saucepan, and drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- To serve, place pasta in a shallow bowl or plate and top with bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan and garnish with remaining basil. Enjoy!