If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here’s how you rethink your plate: a fresh green salad and whole grain pizza all in one meal that you can whip up in 45 minutes. Now that’s quick and delicious eating for even the busiest night of your week! Pair it with my hearty Red Lentil Soup with Root Vegetables and Sage (page 000) for a completely satisfying meal. —Sharon Palmer
- Whole Grain Pizza Dough*
- 1/3 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 cup Shredded Plant-Based Cheese
- 2 cups Mixed Fresh Arugula and Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1/2 Medium Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 Ripe Medium Avocado, Sliced
- 1/4 cup Roasted Pistachios
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cornmeal for Sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll out the pizza dough to fit a 14-inch pizza pan or pizza stone. Sprinkle the pan or stone with cornmeal and fit dough on top.
- Spread the marinara sauce onto the dough and sprinkle the oregano and plant-based cheese over it. Place the pan or stone in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the crust is golden and firm to the touch.
- At the last minute before serving, remove the crust from the oven and top with the arugula and baby spinach, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, and pistachios. The greens will wilt quickly.
- Drizzle with the vinegar and olive oil. Serve immediately.
- *Note: You may prepare your own pizza dough following this procedure: Stir together ¾ cup warm (110°F/43°C) water, 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast, and 1 teaspoon honey in a medium bowl. Let stand for ten minutes. Stir in 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil and 1¾ cups whole wheat flour. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for ten minutes. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, then proceed with step 1 of the recipe.