Author Notes: Nopales is the Spanish name for Prickly Pear Cactus pads.
They have a green bean- or asparagus-like flavour.
They are often compared to Okra, because of the sticky substance they release.
I hope you can find fresh nopales in your area.
It is easy to make
Serves: 2 cups
nopales cleaned and diced
red pepper, diced
yellow pepper diced
small red onion diced
jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
tablespoon grapeseed oil
pink Himalayan salt
- Wear glows to protect your hands.
- Place cactus paddle ( nopales ) on cutting board and using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler scrape the spines and trim off the edges.
- The cactus will release a sticky substance.
- Wash and dice nopales and cook in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place the nopales in a bowl.
- Add red and yellow pepper, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff