If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Nopales is the Spanish name for Prickly Pear Cactus pads.
They have a green bean- or asparagus -like flavor.
They are often compared to Okra, because of the sticky substance they release.
I hope you can find fresh nopales in your area.
It is easy to make
Serves 2 cups
- 2 nopales cleaned and dice
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 smsll red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- pink Himalayan salt
- black pepper
- Wear glows to protect your hands.
- Place cactus paddle ( nopales ) on cutting board and using sharp knife or vegetable peeler scrape the spines and trim off the edges.
- The cactus will release a sticky substance .
- Wash and dice nopales and cook in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place the nopales in a bowl
- Add red and yellow pepper, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt and black pepper.
- Mix all ingredients.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff