If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Upma is a popular breakfast dish in Southern India, typically made of grains such as Wheat, rice etc, spices, vegetables and nuts. I love making these with Asian rice noodles, because they cook quickly, and taste delicious. You can play around and add other vegetables if you like. Any leftover vegetables will work great as well. —Shalini Singh @ Shalini's Kitchen
box of thin rice noodles
teaspoon black mustard seeds
jalapeño, deseeded and finely sliced
small red onion, finely chopped
cup green beans, chopped
cup carrots, chopped
Crushed roasted peanuts
teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for 30 seconds in medium high heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook for a few seconds or until it starts sizzling.
- Add the jalapeño and onion and cook for 2 minutes or until the onions are golden.
- Add in the chopped beans and carrots and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the noodles to the cooked vegetable mix and mix gently until all the vegetables are evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with crushed roasted peanuts and roasted sesame seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles