If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I really love this recipe, like, in an unhealthy, almost obsessed way… Why? Because it so damn tasty! If you bring this to a potluck, I promise there will be nothing left over! With a few things that stay great in your fridge or pantry and a few items I bet you already have on hand, you are 20 minutes away from delicious! Did I mention it’s vegan? Well, it is, and it is good enough to show off for company. —Alexandra V. Jones
Food52 Review: WHO: Alexandra V. Jones is a beer-loving food blogger based in Portland, Oregon.
WHAT: A lightly spicy tahini sauce kicks up your weeknight spaghetti game.
HOW: Prep green beans, carrots, and a tahini dressing while your pasta boils—then toss it all together for fast, better-than-takeout sesame noodles.
WHY WE LOVE IT: The key to the tahini noodles is the sauce, and while many tahini noodles are tahini-heavy, this one is nicely balanced. It's umami-heavy, but light from the ginger and rice wine vinegar. And it's just a little spicy (like all sesame noodles should be, in our opinion). —The Editors
Serves 4 to 6
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Noodles and toppings
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups fresh green beans, blanched in salted water, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Boil a large pot of salted water and cook the pasta in it until desired toothsomeness is achieved, about 10 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, combine dressing ingredients in a blender or processor and pulse until creamy.
- Add the dressing to the warm, drained pasta, carrots, onion, and green beans. I topped mine with Japanese togarashi pepper (found in Asian markets), black and white sesame seeds.
- Your Best Vegan Recipe Contest Finalist!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles