If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No matter the cuisine, noodle soups are always comforting. This dish is great served as a soup but you can also reduce the broth by half and serve as a pasta dish. Try adding some grilled chicken, pork, or tofu for a more robust meal. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/asparagus-and-shiitake-mushroom-noodle-bowl —Healthline
- 1 pound udon or soba noodles
- 1 32 oz. container low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound shiitake or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound thin asparagus, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside, keeping warm.
- Bring chicken broth and soy sauce to a simmer in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté sliced mushrooms in oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and broth mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Divide pasta between serving bowls. Ladle 1 cup broth into bowl and top with asparagus and mushrooms. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles