If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Grilled or pan fry nopales
salt and black pepper
- Wear glows to protect your hands.
- Place cactus paddle (nopales) on cutting board and using a sharp knife or vegetable peeler scrape the spines and trim off the edges.
- The cactus will release a sticky substance, wash them and dry with paper towel, oil them, add salt and black pepper, pan fry them or grill them for 3-4 minutes (medium heat) on each side, slice and mix with marinated roast red peppers.
- Or you can serve just like that with guacamole.
(10 inch) flour tortillas
grams queso fresco - Spanish fresh cheese grated or crumbled
nopales grilled and sliced
red roaster peppers marinated with garlic, olive oil and salt ( you can buy roasted peppers in the jar, drain and slice them add salt, minced garlic and olive oil, it will keep in the fridge for weeks. )
pickled sliced jalapeno peppers
tablespoons oil for frying
- Sprinkle the cheese on half of the tortilla add a mix of grilled sliced nopales and marinated red roasted peppers and pickled sliced jalapeno peppers, sprinkle more cheese on the top and fold the tortillas in half.
- Heat skillet large enough to hold two of the tortillas, add 1tbs oil.
- Fry one side for 3 minutes on medium heat, turn over and fry for 3 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove it from the pan and cut into wedges like a pizza.
- Serve with salsa and guacamole.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff