If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a great way to deal with some leftover chicken or turkey and whatever vegetable you happen to have in the fridge or freezer. It is quick, healthy and delicious and for me it doesn’t require extra shopping. I usually make this when I have some cooked chicken laying around, there are always a pack or two of glass noodles in my pantry and certainly at least one or two kinds of vegetables in my fridge/freezer. I don’t really bother measuring the quantities, I take one packet of glass noodles for the four of us and add as much chicken as I have and as many vegetables as I feel like. The inspiration is a recipe from Nigella Lawson’s book “Nigella Christmas”. —adinab
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or crushed
- 1 red chili
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- 2-3 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and shredded
- 1 packet glass noodles (about100 g)
- 1 handful frozen peas
- 1 carrot, large, long stripes
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- some fresh parsley or coriander
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the shredded chicken and leave to marinate while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Place the glass noodles in a large bowl and add a kettle full of boiling water. Let soak for 5 minutes or according to the packet’s instructions. Drain, refresh with cold water and drain again very thoroughly.
- Cook the peas separately for a few minutes, drain and refresh as well. Add to the chicken along with the noodles and the other prepared vegetables. Add the oil and the herbs and mix well.
- Adjust the taste with some salt if necessary.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles