If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, hearty, spaghetti recipe that only has 5 main ingredients —Carol Lee
- 1 pound Spaghetti
- 750 milliliters Bottle of Red Wine
- 6 Medium sized tomatoes
- 3 cups shitakke mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 pound pancetta
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut tomatoes in half and drizzle with olive oil - spread out on a sheet pan. On a separate pan, toss mushrooms in olive oil. Roast tomatoes for about an hour, and mushrooms for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sautee pancetta in a pan until crispy in a large pan, remove from pan leaving the fat, and set aside.Once the tomatoes are roasted, peel off the skin (should come off very easily) and add to pan. Mash and cook for about 3 minutes then add the entire bottle of red wine. Bring to a boil and cook for about 6 - 7 minutes, slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil then cook pasta just until par cooked (about 4 - 5 minutes for boxed pastas) Drain, reserving about a cup of pasta water, and add to the pan with the wine and tomatoes. Cook for about another 4 minutes or until almost all of the wine is soaked up. Continue cooking to reduce the sauce until the pasta is al dente. Toss in mushrooms and pancetta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles