If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a take on hot spicy noodles with added super veggies, Kale and Mushrooms--with walnuts for protein it becomes an easy meatless dinner --perfect for vegetarians and for meatless days in Lent. This is a take-off off on many sesame noodle recipes with the addition on walnuts and kale to give it more body. —Robyn Mixon
- 8 -12 ounces regular or whole wheat (Trader Joes) spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 2 cups sliced musrooms
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 cup walnut halves or large pieces walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 big squirts sriacha sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Cook spaghetti in salted wated until al dente
- In skillet or wok, heat olive oil until just below smoking and add mushrooms, garlic, and then walnuts and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds and saute for another minute or so.
- Add kale and cooked noodles and stir in to mixture pushing kale around to soften.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, sriacha and sesame oil and stir all well on med-high heat, cover pan and let cook for an additional minute, taste and add anything needed and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles