If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pairing red wine, hazelnut and black pepper in a sweet muffin feels rebellious and the taste of this grownup treat is hard to describe. You just have to try it for yourself. —All that's Jas
Makes 6 large
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 3 tablespoons red wine (like Dornfelder)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line the muffin tin with paper liners. I used large liners that don’t fit in my muffin tin and I placed them on a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until combined. Mix in eggs and vanilla and beat until foamy, about five minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients and gradually add to the egg mixture. Slowly pour the red wine and rum and continue to stir to a creamy texture.
- Fill the prepared liners three quarters full with the muffin batter. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out either clean or with only a few crumbs clinging to it. Remove muffins from the oven and let them cool down on cooling rack.
- Mix all ingredients for the glaze and pour evenly over still warm muffins. Sprinkle with more black pepper if desired or decorate with hazelnuts or chocolate shavings.