If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A fresh, healthy salad made with quinoa, canned smoked tuna slices, cherry tomatoes & feta cheese —A Splash of Vanilla
- 20 milliliters lemon juice
- 2.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, agave syrup or brown rice syrup
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4.5 ounces can smoked tuna slices in oil, drained and flaked
- 14 ounces coloured cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 handful Handful Continental parsley, basil, spring onions, chopped
- 2 ounces reduced fat feta cheese, cubed
- For dressing: Add all ingredients to a glass jar and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Add 1/3 cup of quinoa and 2/3 cup of water to a small saucepan and bring just to the boil on high heat, covered. Once boiling, turn down to low and continue to simmer covered, for around 15 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed. Remove saucepan from the heat and fluff quinoa with a fork then set aside to cool a bit.
- Add the quinoa, tuna, cherry tomatoes, radish and herbs to two plates and crumble over the feta cheese. Drizzle over the dressing and season further if you like.