If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A super healthy salad with thinly sliced smoked salmon, crisp vegetables and a lemon dressing —A Splash of Vanilla
- 2.5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 1.25 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon raw caster sugar
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 6 medium radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, very thinly sliced
- 1 handful continental parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green part thinly sliced
- 2.5 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 6.5 ounces sodium reduced smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground sea salt & black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- 2 small, buttered baguettes, to serve
- Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well until combined or whisk in a small bowl, alternately. Set aside.
- Place first 7 ingredients into a large bowl, then drizzle over dressing; toss until combined, glossy and the sunflower seeds are evenly distributed. Place evenly over 2 plates or bowls then add smoked salmon over the top with the baguettes on the side. Season with black pepper, sea salt and a squeeze of lemon (you shouldn’t need too much salt).
- This is really nice with the smoked salmon and salad place between the sliced, buttered baguettes and eaten as a sandwich or as a salad on it’s own.
- Note: To achieve really thin slices for the onion, radish & cucumber, I used a mandoline on the thinnest setting.