If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although this pasta dish is amazing with a store-bought rotisserie chicken, just eliminate the chicken and double the broccoli to make it vegetarian. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/creamy-roasted-garlic-chicken-and-broccoli-pasta —Healthline
- 1 head garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 16 ounce package rigatoni
- 1 fully-cooked rotisserie chicken, bones and skin removed
- parmesan cheese to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic bulb, drizzle with olive oil, and wrap in foil. Bake for 45 minutes or until garlic is tender. Remove and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine onions and broth in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until onions are tender, about 3 minutes. Add milk and whisk in flour. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add wine and cook 3 minutes more. Gently squeeze roasted garlic into sauce and whisk to combine. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Remove broccoli with slotted spoon and set aside. Bring water back to a boil, add pasta, and cook according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine pasta, broccoli, chicken and sauce and heat just until hot. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Noodles