If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you buy instant polenta, or polenta in the roll precooked, and you have yourself the perfect side dish handy all the time.
Black pudding, I don't know how many people are crazy about, but you should give a try.
I made this as an appetizer but it could be a dinner, hors-d'oeuvres, or omit the black sausage and you have vegan dish.
Red onion and pomegranate salad
red onion, thinly sliced
teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
cup pomegranate seeds
freshly ground black pepper
tablespoon lime juice
tablespoon gape seed oil
- Slice onion and mix with salt, let sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the onion under cold water and squeeze out with hands (wear gloves)
- Clean pomegranate seeds.
- Wash and pick coriander leaves and coarsely chop them.
- In the mixing bowl put all ingredients and mix.
Polenta and black pudding
ounces (225 g) Yellow corn meal (instant)
pound black pudding sausage
(2 cups) red onion and pomegranate salad
- Polenta cooked ( follow package instruction ) before so it is firm and easy to slice or just bay polenta in the roll precooked, slice 1/2 inch thick.
- Make an onion-pomegranate salad.
- Slice polenta 3x3x1/2 inches and pan fry, keep worm.
- Peel and slice black pudding into 1/3 inch coins and pan fry 1 minute on each side.
- To assemble, put polenta on the plate 2-3 slice black pudding on it and salad on the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe