If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kale chips are a perfect vehicle for any of your favorite spices. Curry, cumin, cinnamon, thyme, and rosemary will all work to give your next batch a unique flavor. My personal favorite spice mix for kale chips is this blend of smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. It's smoky, spicy, and absolutely addictive. —Gena Hamshaw
- 1 large bunch curly kale, stems removed, leaves washed, dried thoroughly, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher or coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 275° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the kale in a large bowl and drizzle it with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the chili powder, cumin, and paprika. Massage the kale until evenly coated. Add more oil as needed so that all of the pieces are well coated. Spread the kale pieces in a single layer on the baking sheets and season generously with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then rotate the pans. Bake for about 10 minutes longer, until crispy but not burning. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!