If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This homemade granola is perfect for breakfast or a delicious snack. Some bites are sweet pops of fig, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Others are savory crunches of toasted oats and nuts. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! —Anna Dudenhoeffer Simpson
Makes about 6 servings
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a smaller bowl, add vegetable oil, fig preserves, honey, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet, and spread oat mixture evenly across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the granola is a light golden color, stirring and rotating occasionally to ensure it is cooked evenly.
- Enjoy with milk (dairy or almond), ice cream, or—my personal favorite—rich, creamy Greek yogurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey