- Makes 20-25 pies
This tuna pies are a great brunch party food!
Last year I made the debut of this wonderfully easy recipe for my beach volley team party and it was a huge success!
And here comes the recipe in an easy handy/party version. No knife, forks etc needed!
The dough is quite similar to a piecrust recipe, that’s why I called them SPANISH PIES! —Claudia | Gourmet Project
extra virgin olive oil
extra-virgin olive oil
shallots or 1 big red onion
olive oil tuna
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Work the dough ingredients (with your hands or with your robot) until it forms a ball that collects all the flour from the walls of the bowl.
- Hard boil the eggs. Dice the peppers, tomatoes and onions (or shallots).
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add the diced vegetables and cook for about 20 minutes, until their juices evaporate almost completely.
- Peel and dice eggs. Add them to the red pepper.
- Crumble the tuna with your hands and add it to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well, taste and salt to taste.
- Grease a muffin/cupcake pan with olive oil.
- Form a small dough ball with your hands (more or less big as the diameter of the cavities in your muffin pan), than crush it between the palms of your hand. Place this disk on the bottom of each muffin pan cavity and work it with your hands to make it adhere to the walls.
- Place a spoonful of filling inside the pie. Form another dough disk and place it on top, trying to close the edges and making it adhere to the walls to keep filling inside of the pie.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Now let’s see if you resist from rewarding yourself with a tasty, savory party pie!