If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's something about the natural sweetness of trout that, when combined with pecans and lightly kissed with honey, seems to pull it all together! —LE BEC FIN
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1/2 cup dry unflavored bread crumbs
- 2 pinches each Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 3 ounce trout filets, skin on
- EVOO or unsalted butter
- 1-2 Tablespoons mild honey
- Combine the pecans, bread crumbs and Salt and Pepper in a small shallow dish the size of a trout filet. Press the fish side of each filet in the mixture to coat evenly, place on its skin side on a flat surface and chill for 1/2 hour. Sautee the trout filets in a heated- til -hot blend of butter and EVOO., beginning with the nut side down. When browned after 2-3 minutes, turn fish over and finish 1-2 minutes, just til fish is opaque in the center. Plate fish and drizzle lightly with heated honey. (Heated maple syrup can be substituted if you have no honey.)
- * Nice accompanied by winter squash and sauteed greens or green beans, but not cheesy dishes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey