If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A cozy one-dish supper of roasted chicken, spinach and pasta in a creamy cheesy sauce, with a little golden crust on the edges of the baking dish. —FamilyStyle Food
Serves 2 - 4
- 1 pound spinach
- 1/2 pound dried short pasta, such as mezze rigatoni or penne
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup shredded Fontina cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water (5 or 6 quarts) to a boil with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Drop spinach into the water and cook 1 minute; remove with a slotted spoon to a colander and drain. Put the spinach in a clean kitchen towel (careful, it's hot), roll it up and squeeze over the sink to remove as much water as you can. Chop spinach.
- Parboil the pasta until halfway cooked, 7 - 10 minutes depending on the size and thickness of the pasta. Drain.
- Stir together cream, garlic, salt, pepper, chicken, spinach and the cheeses in a large bowl; add drained pasta and mix together.
- Smear the butter over a 1-quart gratin or baking dish. Transfer pasta mixture to the gratin. Bake 12 minutes or so, until the the cream is bubbling and edges of the pasta begin to brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.