Author Notes: Who knew cauliflower flourishes in an array of purple, orange, and light green hues? We had to use the stunning shades in a dish. Strong, salty flavors complement cauliflower, so we opted to incorporate anchovies (trust us on this one!) and toasted bread crumbs for a hearty and vibrant side. —Twin Tastes
head of cauliflower (preferably multi-colored), cut into florets
tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
clove minced garlic
anchovy filets, minced
cup Panko Bread Crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil over high heat in a large pot. Throw in the cauliflower florets and steam for 2-3 minutes until slightly tender. Drain the cauliflower from the water and set aside.
- Over medium heat, sauté the garlic and anchovy in the EVOO for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for approximately 6-8 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add the bread crumbs and toss for 30 seconds, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer