Author Notes: This is a raw food recipe that everybody will love.
It is great served next to a salad and some raw or non raw falafel, it's the perfect spred on a slice of rustic bread or as a dip with carrot sticks, peppers wedges, fennel, celery..... —Cherryredgirl
cup Raw cashew
1 or 2
Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Soak the cashew overnight.
- Drain the cashew and rinse them under cold running water. Squeeze the lemons. Put the cashew with all the ingredients into a food processor. While the machine is running add water little by little until you will reach the right creamy consistency.
- Let the machine run at higher speed, stop it every now and then to scrape down the side with a rubber spatula. When the hummus will be creamy and fluffy pour it in a nice bowl and decorate it with parsley leaves,chives, a sprinkle of black pepper, olive oil .....
- Note: I usually put the juice of 2 lemons because I like my hummus quite lemony if you like it less strong just use one.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer