If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These crispy cheese balls work great as hors d'ouevres or a decadent little snack. They are best if served fresh. Coulis can be stored in the fridge or freezer and is also great served over ice cream. —RellaBellaK
Crispy Fried Feta Balls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
- 2-3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- oil for frying
Mint-Infused Blood Orange Coulis
- zest of 1 blood orange
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice (6-8 oranges)
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon bourbon or tequila
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint + more for garnish
- Beat cream cheese and feta until smooth. Add spices and mint. Stir in flour 1 Tbsp at a time until cheese mixture is firm enough to roll.
- Form cheese mixture into bite-sized balls, then roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in deep sided pan or deep fryer. Fry cheese balls until browned and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Combine coulis ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat until just bubbling, and cook until liquid reduced by half, 8-10 minutes (sauce should coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat and strain through a fine sieve.
- Drizzle coulis over cheese balls, garnish with chopped fresh mint and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint