If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you never try fragrant pears, The next time you're grocery shopping you might want to look up for them.
They are grown in the Xinjiang region of Western China where they have been cultivated for over 1,300 years.
For calamansi lemons, I only can buy them froze under the name Philippines lemon.
Serves 4 appetizers or side dishes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 ounces prosciutto ends thinly sliced
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 fragrant pears, cored and sliced
- 1 head escarole
- 6 calamansi lemons, juice ( 1 tbs )
- freshly ground black pepper
- Bring pot of salted water to a boil, add chopped escarole and cook about 3 minutes, drain and put on the side.
- Heat 2 tbs coconut oil in a frying pan, add prosciutto strips and shallots, cook about one minute, add pears for another minute.
- Add cooked escarole, black pepper and 1 tbs calamansi lemons juice.
- Just stir and reheat escarole 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mash-Up Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff