Makes: 2 1/2 cups
cups plain Greek yogurt
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoon aji pepper paste
roasted hazelnut chopped into small pieces
few sprigs of dill, chopped
tablespoons pomegranate seeds
extra virgin olive oil
- Use a large square of cheesecloth.
- Place over strainer or colander
- In another bowl mix yogurt, salt and pepper paste.
- Put mixture into a strainer with cheesecloth and tide. Put everything over a large bowl in refrigerator for 1-2 days. The longer that the cheese is left, the firmer it becomes.
- Fill a serving dish with labneh.
- Sprinkle hazelnut, dill, pomegranate seeds and sumac over the labneh.
- Drizzle some good olive oil over everything.
- Serve with pita chips, vegetables and fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Middle Eastern Recipe