Author Notes: Last summer I had Salmorejo soup for the first time.
The recipe here is based on many I found online and that taste like one we had. —anka
pounds heirloom tomatoes
ounces stale bread
large clove garlic
cup extra virgin olive oil
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
sea salt to taste
hard boil eggs
serrano ham or prosciutto slices, fried
In This Recipe
- Cut off the crust from the bread, break bread into the pieces and soak in cold water for 10 minutes, squeeze excess water and keep on the side.
- Put tomatoes, vinegar, sea salt and garlic into the blender and puree, put true fine strainer. (If you have high power blender you are sett)
- Back in the blender and add bread and slowly pour oil while processing.
- Keep in the fridge.
- Serve with diced boil egg serrano ham or prosciutto sliced and fried.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Tomato Showstopper