If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tomatoes, garlic, EVOO- what's not to like?! And one of the best things about it is that it can be made year- round because the grape tomatoes even have flavor in the winter! In the end, you should have creamy eggs with bright flavor that is equal parts garlic and tomato.This was inspired by a paperback cookbook 40 years ago, and this dish was the second Arabic food I learned to make after babaganoosh. —LE BEC FIN
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped ripe grape tomatoes, skin on
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon cream
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- optional plain yoghurt
- In a small non-stick skillet, heat evoo til hot but not smoking. Turn heat to medium and add garlic,stir and immediately add tomatoes (which should sizzle). Season and cook over medium high heat til tomatoes break down and thicken, 8-15 minutes. (Cook further if they are watery; they should be somewhat dry.) Turn heat to low.Briefly whisk eggs and cream til frothy, and add to pan. Let sit a minute and then stir occasionally til eggs cook through but remain soft and wet. Season and serve as is or with optional plain yoghurt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer