If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
If you have a waffle iron, this is a lot easier way to make choux puffs, and you don't need a piping bag or an oven! —LE BEC FIN
- 1 cup Water
- 4 ounces Unsalted Butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup AP flour (or a mix of white whole wheat and white flours)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 large eggs, whisked together
- Pinch Freshly Ground Pepper
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 1 cup Grated Gruyere
- In a saucepan, bring to boil water through pepper. Add butter, turn down to simmer and stir til butter melts. Dump in flour and stir quickly for a few minutes til mass leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat, cool 5-10 minutes , beat in each egg until incorporated. Mixture may seem curdled but it will come together into a smooth dough. Add gruyere. .
- Pre heat a non-stick waffle iron on medium high. Open and spray insides with non- stick spray. Spread 1/4 cup mound of choux pastry in each section and close lid. Cook 5-10 minutes til well browned on both sides. Make a slit in the side to check if it is cooked in the center; if it is still wet, close lid for another minute. ( If the batch of waffles cooks unevenly, change to cooking one at a time.) Serve
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer