Author Notes: Keeping in line with the low carb craze, I created this recipe with lots of flavor, but minimal ingredients - quick, easy, delicious, very healthy! Most people like mushrooms on top of their pizza, so why not use one big "shroom" as the crust and hold the white crust?! "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX & INSIDE THE SHROOM!" —Stacy Pasoni
Makes: 4 pizzas
cup pizza or marinara sauce
cup mozzarella cheese
pizza topping of choice
tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (These are also fabulous grilled when weather permits.)
- Gently clean mushrooms with damp cloth, remove stems and scrape gills.
- Brush a drizzle of oilive oil over tops of mushrooms and lay upside down on baking tray.
- Fill mushrooms with approximately 1/4 cup pizza sauce and top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Gently cean mushrooms with damp cloth, remove stems and scrape gills. Brush a drizzle of oilive oil over tops of mushrooms and lay upside down on baking tray. Add toppings of choice (salt & pepper) and bake (or grill) for approximately 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer