If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Keeping in line with the low carb craze, I created this recipe with lots of flavor, but minimal ingredients - quick, easy, delicious, very healthy! Most people like mushrooms on top of their pizza, so why not use one big "shroom" as the crust and hold the white crust?! "THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX & INSIDE THE SHROOM!" —Stacy Pasoni
Makes 4 pizzas
- 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ? pizza topping of choice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (These are also fabulous grilled when weather permits.)
- Gently clean mushrooms with damp cloth, remove stems and scrape gills.
- Brush a drizzle of oilive oil over tops of mushrooms and lay upside down on baking tray.
- Fill mushrooms with approximately 1/4 cup pizza sauce and top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Gently cean mushrooms with damp cloth, remove stems and scrape gills. Brush a drizzle of oilive oil over tops of mushrooms and lay upside down on baking tray. Add toppings of choice (salt & pepper) and bake (or grill) for approximately 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer