Author Notes: Pumpkin seed oil has an intense nutty taste and is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
You don't cook with pumpkin seed oil, it is finishing oil.
It is considered a real delicacy in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. —anka
butternut squash ( 1 1/2 pound ), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
tablespoons sunflower oil
handful pumpkin seeds
tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix squash with sunflower oil and sea salt.
- Put the squash in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes, then turn over. Roast for an additional 10 minutes until the squash beginning to turn golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and put back into the oven to roast for additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer the butternut squash to a serving platter and drizzle with pumpkin oil.
- If you slice some green onion and some lime juice you get yourself a nice warm salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe