If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin seed oil has an intense nutty taste and is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
You don't cook with pumpkin seed oil, it is finishing oil.
It is considered a real delicacy in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. —anka
butternut squash ( 1 1/2 pound ), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
tablespoons sunflower oil
handful pumpkin seeds
tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix squash with sunflower oil and sea salt.
- Put the squash in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes, then turn over. Roast for an additional 10 minutes until the squash beginning to turn golden-brown.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and put back into the oven to roast for additional 10 minutes.
- Transfer the butternut squash to a serving platter and drizzle with pumpkin oil.
- If you slice some green onion and some lime juice you get yourself a nice warm salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Family's Best Thanksgiving Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe