Author Notes: Pan-frying cauliflower brings out the natural sugars and caramelizes them, giving this side dish a sweet, nutty flavor. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/caramelized-cauliflower —Healthline
tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
tablespoon unsalted butter
large cauliflower, cut into florets
teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Warm olive oil and melt the butter in a large fry pan over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower florets in an even layer and cook without stirring until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and continue cooking until browned, 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat until all sides are evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Drain and season to taste with salt and red and black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer