If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The stew is easy to make, it can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days or you can make ahead and freeze. Taste even better when is reheated.
- 3 pounds bone-in lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces or lamb shoulder chops
- 3-4 pounds green cabbage, large dice
- 1-2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 potatoes,medium diced
- 3 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 small rutabaga, medium diced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper cut in half ( optional )
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaves parsley, chopped
- Put the meat and vegetable in a large pot
- Add enough water to cover 2 inches above lamb and vegetables
- Bring to a simmer and cover
- Cook about 2 hours over medium heat.
- Check for seasoning and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pan Dinner