If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My local market often has labor-saving packages of pre-cut vegetables for sale, and though I usually have no problem chopping vegies at home, I like to indulge myself when I see an especially pretty package! Kroger had several packages of beautiful golden-orange butternut squash already cut in cubes--this is the first recipe that came out of that bounty! I served it with my Cajun-Spiced Stuffed Golden Peppers and Herb-Roasted Onion Stuffed Potatoes, and all these recipes can be found here in my Recipes--these 3 dishes make a gorgeous, colorful and healthy meal when served together! —BeijingRose
- 4 cups cubed, fresh, butternut squash
- 1 stalk celery, chopped small
- 1/2 white onion, chopped small
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes + pinch of salt
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- Melt the butter in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, then add the onions, celery,garlic and basil leaves. Sautee for 3 minutes until they start to turn golden.
- Add the cubed butternut squash, then sprinkle with cumin, basil leaves, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.Saute for 10 minutes over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water then cover and simmer for another 10 minutes. Watch the squash as the cubes are best when still retaining their firmness and shape. Serve with Herb-Roasted Onion-Stuffed Potatoes and Cajun Spiced Stuffed Golden Peppers, the recipes for which can be found here in my Recipes section.