If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Categories: Dairy Free, Kids, Quick and Easy, Healthy, Season: Summer This is a simple, healthy summer starter which is loved everywhere in the world. The success of this dish depends entirely on the quality of the tomatoes and olive oil used so only use the best you can find. —woo wei-duan
- 2 tomatoes, washed and cut in 1 cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 4 basil leaves, washed, dried, and torn into small pieces
- 120 milliliters best quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 4 slices of crusty bread, cut 1 cm thick
- sea salt
- Mix together the tomatoes with 1 clove of garlic, basil, 60 mls of the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Let sit for 15 minutes while the bread is grilled.
- Heat a barbecue or a hot cast iron grill pan. Grill the bread until toasted and black lines appear. Turn over and repeat. Remove the bread from the pan and while still hot, rub the smashed garlic gently on the bread so you don't crush it. Drizzle on olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Remove the garlic clove from the tomatoes, stir and top the bread with the tomatoes.