If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salsa is a bright taste of summer any time of year – fragrant ripe pineapple and mango tossed with chilies and jalapeno – Delish! —garlic and zest
- 1 ripe mango, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/2 cup ripe pineapple, cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 red baby bell pepper (or 1/4 of a whole bell pepper) cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 orange baby bell pepper (or 1/4 of a whole bell pepper) cut into 1/4" dice
- 1 yellow baby bell pepper (or 1/4 of a whole bell pepper) cut into 1/4" dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1" knob of ginger, peeled
- In a medium bowl combine the diced, mango, pineapple, bell peppers, red onion, jalapeño and chili pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add the lime zest and juice, cilantro and mint. Toss to combine.
- Use a microplane grater to grate the ginger onto a cutting board. Carefully scoop the ginger pulp into your hand or into a fine mesh sieve. Squeeze the pulp over a small bowl to capture all the ginger juice. Discard the ginger solids. Add the juice to the salsa and toss to combine.
- Taste for seasonings adding salt and freshly ground pepper if desired. Excellent with tortilla chips, or served with chicken, pork or seafood.