If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Biga is a premixed dough which is left to mature. When added to bread recipes, it gives the bread a depth of flavour. —woo wei-duan
Makes 300 grams
- 5 grams fresh yeast or 2.5 grams (½ teaspoon) dry yeast
- 100 to 120 milliliters tepid water (depending on the humidity of the weather)
- 200 grams 00 flour
- Mix the yeast and the water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add the yeast and water to the flour.
- Mix the ingredients together to form a ball.
- Cover the ball and let sit in the refrigerator at least 8 hours or for up to 5 days.