If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very simple sauce that serves as the base for many Italian dishes but can also just be tossed with cooked pasta and served.
To see step-by-step illustrated instructions, please go to this page:
http://www.livingalifeincolour... —woo wei-duan
Makes: 600 grams
grams tomatoes (if tinned, then drain away the juice, remove seeds, and chop coarsely) peeled, seeds removed, and roughly chopped or 600 grams tomato passata
milliliters extra virgin olive oil
cloves of garlic, bruised and whole (for a faint garlic flavour), finely sliced, or finely chopped (for a stronger garlic flavour)
Freshly ground black pepper
- In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients together and cook on low heat for at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you have the time it is best to cook it for up to 45 minutes.
- If it gets too thick you can add some chicken stock or water to thin it and keep cooking. If you used whole garlic garlic cloves, they can now be discarded.
- If you are serving to guests, you can choose to sieve or puree the sauce once cooked although I never do.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Notes: If you are pressed for time, you can also just cook this for 15 to 20 minutes. To make in the Vorwerk Thermomix Bimby: Place 3 cloves of garlic, 8 basil leaves and 40 grams of olive oil in the mixing bowl. Optional step: chop 7sec/Speed 5. Add 800 grams tomatoes (or 600 gms tomato passata) and 2 grams of salt. Cook for 25 min/100C/speed. Optional step for children to make a smoother sauce: blend 1 min/speed 10.