If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love those cheese and fruit filled danishes but hate that they take up a days calories in just 1 and take hours in the kitchen. These gooey filled muffins have all of that flavor, low fat, whole grains, and they only take 30 minutes! —Jimmy Hoxie
- 1 1/4 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 8 ounces Low Fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Peaches, fresh, frozen, or canned in juice. Chopped, and drained well if canned
- 1 cup Oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and the 2 Tablespoons brown sugar until well mixed.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon with a whisk or sift if it looks clumpy.
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, remaining brown sugar, apple sauce, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Add the oats and peaches and fold them in. Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Divide the cream cheese mixture between the muffins,right on top of the batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the muffins pull away from the sides a little. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.