Author Notes: A simple pan of greens, with lots of onions and garlic. —Coco
tablespoons coconut oil
cloves garlic, chopped
large red onion, sliced into half moons
bunch's worth red chard stems, chopped into small pieces
bunch red russian kale, destemmed and cut into thin strips
In This Recipe
- In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and just beginning to take on a bit of color, about two minutes.
- Add the onions, chard stems, and salt to the skillet, stir, then cover for five minutes.
- Remove the lid from the skillet and sauté until the onions are just beginning to caramelize, about 10 more minutes.
- Add the kale to the skillet and cover. After five minutes, remove the lid, stir everything together, and cook, covered, for another five minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff