If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple pan of greens, with lots of onions and garlic. —Coco
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 bunch's worth red chard stems, chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch red russian kale, destemmed and cut into thin strips
- In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant and just beginning to take on a bit of color, about two minutes.
- Add the onions, chard stems, and salt to the skillet, stir, then cover for five minutes.
- Remove the lid from the skillet and sauté until the onions are just beginning to caramelize, about 10 more minutes.
- Add the kale to the skillet and cover. After five minutes, remove the lid, stir everything together, and cook, covered, for another five minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff